First have informed the Combined Authority about the following commercial change which will be introduced at the end of August. Continue reading
Pool Cricket Club Ground 75th Anniversary
Dear Member/ Player / Supporter
Please see attached details of a Sunday Luncheon to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of our new ground . It would be great to see as many of you
attend as possible and make it such a memorable day. Continue reading
A further message from Leeds Highways Engineers:
“The arrow we have introduced operates in the same way in many other places in Leeds. I could mention Bayton Lane/high Street further up the A658 as a nearby example where High Street sometimes gets and arrow and sometime doesn’t, depending on the time of day and length of queue.
The junction at Dyneley Arms has been carefully considered from a safety point of view over many years, with studies examining possible factors causing accidents. That is why we added the separate signal for traffic coming from the airport and turning right. This was found to be a common factor in a number of accidents. And I am pleased to say that the accident record following that modification has improved.
We were aware that that still left a problem with there being significant delay at times to traffic coming from Leeds and turning right down Pool Bank. Hence the recent change which was fully discussed with our accident studies section.
The statistics show that in practice Dyneley Arms is safer that it has been for many years. Be assured that whenever we make changes to junctions we monitor the situation with safety being very significant.
We are moving the secondary traffic signal for people coming from Otley from the far right side to the near left side. This is being done to avoid any confusion when the traffic coming from Otley sees its signal turning to red but may not be aware that traffic coming from Leeds may still has a green signal. This may help with the red light jumping issue. But I’m afraid red light violation seems to be an increasing issue which only the police have the powers to tackle.”
Tuesday 28 July 2014, The Budget, meeting minutes, and latest accounts for June 2014 are now available on the Parish Council website www.poolparishcouncil.gov.uk
Message from City Councillor Barry Anderson:
I was recently asked by a resident to investigate the following issues with the lights:
1. Can you please investigate the traffic sequence at the top of Pool Bank.
2. The new right turn filter turning right down Pool Bank appears to last 4 seconds ( when it is working).
3. Previously if it was clear that no-one coming from Otley was going to shoot the lights 2/3/4 cars could get through, now it is impossible to see the traffic turning right downhill towards Leeds and this filter now comes at the end of the sequence meaning that an accident is almost inevitable as cars turning to Leeds push their luck at the lights and cars waiting to turn to Pool know they have only a few seconds to turn safely.
4. At the least we need an increased filter time to allow 3/5 cars to get through ( up to 8 cars can get through on the other filter light towards Leeds.)
Set out below is the response from Highways.
We have looked carefully at the points raised, and discussed the junction with our accident studies team. It is our judgement that the recent modifications are safe, and are an improvement on the previous situation. We are modifying one signal head to make the signals easier to ‘read’, which I trust will represent a further improvement.
I trust this helps. Thank you. UTMC Manager Urban Traffic Management & Control
Message from City Councillor Barry Anderson:
The following issue was raised with me by a local resident:
As a result of the premature positioning of the barriers in respect of the Tour de France and effectively narrowing Main Street and the number of HGVs going through the village mounting the pavement on occasions in order to move along I was asked if anything could be done to restrict the movement of HGVs trough the village as it is getting more and more dangerous. Continue reading
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the under mentioned highway (resurfacing) Leeds City Council made an Order on the 11th July 2014. The works have now been rescheduled and the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to travel in excess of 10MPH on the below roads on the dates specified:-
1. Ring Road, West Park, from Low Lane to Lawnswood Roundabout – 27/07/14;
2. Otley Road, Adel, from End of Dual Carriageway outside Lawnswood Crematorium to Golden Acre Park – 5/8/14 – 11/8/14 for 1 day;
3. Leeds Road, Bramhope, from Golden Acre Park to Church Hill – 6/8/14 – 12/8/14 for 1 day; and
4. Arthington Lane, Pool in Wharfedale, from The Tower Drive to Arthington Cricket Club – 7/8/14 – 13/8/14 for 1 day only. Continue reading
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the under mentioned highway (gas main replacement) Leeds City Council intends in not less than 7 days time to make an Order the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to travel along:-
Church Hill; and Staircase Lane, Bramhope, Leeds at their junction with Leeds Road (Point Closures). Continue reading
Following on from the fantastic TdF we are compiling an official Pool in Wharfedale video as a permanent record for the village, available for all to view free of charge online and saved as a legacy archive. We are also proposing a screening in the village hall in early autumn. The video will comprise of clips and still photos taken by everyone in Pool – including you – if you would like to contribute.
This photograph courtesy of Michael Good : http://www.ellisgoodphotography.co.uk
We want to include:
1. Your family and friends experiences of the day in Pool.
2. The caravan coming through before the cyclists
3. The Race itself
4. Events and fun of the whole day on the recreation grounds etc
We will build a picture of the whole day with your clips and still photos helping to show the race right through Pool.
Email email@example.com who will send you a link to upload your clips and images via ‘dropbox’. Alternatively you can supply Tony with your clips and images on memory stick or arrange an alternative method. You can contact Tony directly on 0113 2842777 or 07702 358228
PS watch the Calendar News Report and read about the Banners Over Pool project here: