Leeds City Council’s Selective Part-night Street Lighting Initiative will be moving into our Ward with effect from the 21st October 2013. The work is scheduled to take place over a 2 week period and will be completed by the 1st November 2013.
Street Lights will be part-night switched on main traffic routes between midnight and 5:30 a.m. The selected lights within your Ward are on sections of the following roads:
· Leeds Road, Bramhope – Light numbers 203L233, 204L233, 205L233, 206L233, 207L233, 208L233,209L233, 210L233, 211L233 which is in effect from house no. 206 Leeds Road to house no. 301 Leeds Road.
· Leeds Road, Bramhope – Light numbers 123L233, 124L233, 125L233, 126L233, 127L233, 128L233, 129L233, 130L233, 131L233, 132L233 which is from just past bend after the Britannia Hotel to just before the junction of the Dyneley Arms. The 5 lights leading up to the Dyneley Arms and the 4 lights just after the hotel will NOT be part-night switched but will remain on.
· Otley Road, Adel/Bramhope – Light numbers 3O245, 4O245, 5O245, 6O245, 7O245, 8O245, 9O245, 1O245 which is from the Ramada hotel to the entrance to Golden Acre car park.
· Otley Road, Adel – Light numbers 18O245, 19O245, 20O245 etc. up to 35O245 which is from just past Kingsley Drive to beyond Parkway Fields Farm. 2 lights just at the junction of Kingsley Drive/Otley Road will NOT be part-night switched but will remain on.
· Pool Bank New Road – Light numbers 11, 12, 13 etc. up to 27 which is from the Dyneley Arms in the direction of the Airport up to junction with Old Pool Bank. The 2 lights nearest the Dyneley Arms junction and the light on corner just before junction with Old Pool Bank will NOT be part-night switched but will remain on.
· Pool Bank New Road – Light numbers 40P280, 39P280, 38P280, 37P280, 36P280, 35P280, 34P280 which is from the Dyneley Arms to the first farm on left going down the hill (Pool Bank Farm) to Pool. The 4 lights at the top of the road and going down will remain on and will NOT be part-night switched. The rest of the lights going down the hill after the farm will remain ON and will not be part-night switched.
· Church Lane, Adel – Light numbers 15C363, 16C363, 17C363 which are outside the Church.
Part-night switching will be avoided:
On roads with a significant road traffic accident record during the proposed switch-off period.
In areas with an above average record of crime during the proposed switch-off period.
In areas with a police record of frequent anti-social behaviour during the proposed switch-off period.
In areas provided with CCTV local authority / police surveillance equipment
In areas with sheltered housing and other residences accommodating vulnerable people.
Around 24hr operational emergency services sites, including hospitals.
At formal pedestrian crossings, subways and enclosed footpaths and alleyways where one end links to a street that is lit all night.
Where there are potential hazards on the highway such as roundabouts, central carriageway islands, chicanes and traffic calming features.
Where public transport stops are in use during the proposed period of switch-off (this was included in response to consultation feedback)
Further information is also available on the web site http://www.leeds.gov.uk/sles.
If you have any queries about this subject Councillor Barry Anderson will be pleased to receive your comments.